As the old saying goes, “A man is as old as his blood vessels”. Not surprisingly, the process of human aging is accompanied by an increase in the number of cardiovascular diseases. However, they can also occur in younger people.
A typical manifestation of this kind of diseases are disorders of the blood circulation as a result of narrowing of the arteries. Such mulfunctions occur most often in the legs, but not less frequently the disease affects the so-called central vessels carrying blood supply to the head and brain. Through the inspection of vessels it is possible to find out whether there is a need and a possibility of surgery to remove the blockage of blood vessels.
Benefits for patients
- Targeted examination
- A more effective treatment planning, allowing to reduce it’s duration
- No need to make additional examination
Another field of activity of vascular center – treatment of life-threatening saccular protrusions (aneurysm) of the aorta and large arteries in the chest or abdomen.
Among the venous diseases first of all varicose veins can be mentioned. Varicose veins treatment is carried out in the vascular center of Augusta hospital using the latest gentle treatment techniques.
Range of our services:
- Surgery on the blockage of blood vessels in the limbs or carotid artery at stroke or threat of stroke
- Surgery on the abdominal aortic aneurysm, or other large vessels as possible with minimal internal intervention (aneurysm – expansion vessel, abdominal aorta – the main artery of the body)
- Surgery (with minimal intervention) for all kinds of diseases of the veins, varicose veins (varicose knots), venous ulcers shin, laser therapy
- Surgical and endovascular treatment of the disorders of peripheral arterial blood supply
- Treatment of carotid atherosclerosis
- Treatment of atherosclerosis of the arteries of the lower extremities
- Treatment of arterial thrombosis and embolism
- Treatment of renovascular hypertension
- Treatment of diabetic angiopathy
- Treatment of mesenteric ischemia
- Treatment of diseases of the aorta
- Treatment of venous pathology
- Treatment of thrombosis
- Treatment of varicose veins
- Treatment of telangiectasia
- Surgical treatment of compression syndromes