Every year about 100,000 heart operations are performed in Germany. The vast majority are operations resolving heart defects and coronary artery bypass. Every 6th heart transplant in the world is made in Germany.
The range of our services:
- Conventional and minimally invasive techniques, including Bypass (coronary bypass) surgery without the use of heart-assist device (off-pump revascularization)
- Autoarterial aortocoronary shunting, including the use of both internal thoracic arteries
- Ventricular aneurysm resection
Heart valve surgery
- The whole range of methods and techniques of surgical treatment of diseases of the heart valves, especially the reconstruction of the mitral and tricuspid valves, as well as severe valvular defects (e.g. a consequence of endocarditis), including minimally invasive methods.
- Valve replacement, taking into account the individual patient characteristics, including minimally invasive surgery.
Surgery of the large blood vessels, and blood vessels of small pelvis and lower extremities
- Operations on the thoracic aorta with or without reconstruction, renovation / replacement of the aortic valve to treat problems of the aorta (aneurysm or exfoliation of aorta), David-procedure surgery
- Treatment of acute and chronic pulmonary embolism
- Carotid arteries surgery, also simultaneously with cardiac surgery
- Operations on vessels of the pelvis and lower extremities in case of the expansion or narrowing of the lumen of blood vessels
Surgery of congenital heart defects in children and adults
- Surgery of congenital heart diseases and large vessels in patients of all ages – from newborns and infants to adulthood («EMAN» Patients)
Surgical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias
- The implantation of an pacemakers and ICD-devices (defibrillators), including resynchronization therapy (biventricular pacing)
- Surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation (so called MAZE-procedure)